Wednesday, May 13, 2009

UGGlies

I just wanted to state that I do NOT support encasing your feet and lower legs in shearling pillows, in public. The moment, rather the second, for these boots have come and gone! Sure, it might envoke feelings of walking on clouds (I would not know as I refuse to try them on) but they are NOT cute. We may as well be wearing moonboots again and lugging around trapper keepers.

Here are some of my gripes & exceptions for wearing these things:
  1. Mothers - Going shopping for these boots with your daughters a bonding experience does not make. Rather, you are traumatizing her and yourself. You will look back on these years with disbelief and regret for allowing it.
  2. Just because you buy a pair in a black or gray with metallic sheen does not make it OK to wear for a night out on the town! Even if you don't tuck your pant legs in!
  3. Unless you are trudging through snow or live in the woods, there is a plethora of comfortable, yet stylish, shoes out there for you to choose from.

Recently, I read about a sample sale going on where these boots will be sold at a fraction of the unbelievably astronomical price these things go for. All I can hope is that this is just a trap to corral all remaining boots and ship them off to a deserted island somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment